This is the website of ALS United Central & Southern Ohio, http://www.alsohio.org.
Our postal address is:
ALS United Central & Southern Ohio
1170 Old Henderson Road, Suite 221
Columbus, Ohio 43220
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (866) 273-2572.
We provide this notice to explain our online information practices. By visiting our site at alsohio.org, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy notice.
ALS United Central & Southern Ohio is committed to protecting the privacy of its users and donors. Information gathered by ALS United Central & Southern Ohio is used to monitor the effectiveness of our site and respond to your questions and requests. ALS United Central & Southern Ohio will never sell or share donor information.
When you visit our website, our server automatically logs (records) the domain name and standard anonymous information about the operating system and web browser you are using, as provided by your web browser. This automatically collected information is used for statistical purposes to help us manage our site and better serve the community, but it does not identify you in any way.
Here are categories of Personal Information that ALS United Central & Southern Ohio collects:
- Contact Information and Preferences. We may request contact information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, and your preferences for how you would like to be contacted by us. We may use third-party services to supplement or to ensure accuracy of contact information.
- Demographic Information. We may request limited demographic information such as your gender, race or ethnicity, marital status, geographic location, and/or primary language. We may also use publicly available data or third-party services to supplement this information.
- Donor & Financial Information. If you donate to ALS United Central & Southern Ohio or make a retail purchase on ALSohio.org, we will collect payment information such as your credit card number to process your transaction. We may also collect the name of your employer, if you would like to initiate a process for your employer to make a matching donation. We may use a third-party payment service to process your payments. We will retain your credit card information only for as long as necessary to process the transaction. ALS United Central & Southern Ohio respects the privacy of its financial supporters. The organization does not rent or exchange its donor list with any other entity. ALS United Central & Southern Ohio will never sell or share donor information. This policy pertains to both online and offline donors.
- Virtual Meeting Recordings and Transcripts. If you join an online virtual meeting with ALS United Central & Southern Ohio, we may record the meeting or maintain a transcript of any chat for educational and training purposes.
- Patient & Family Information. Patient and family information, including, but not limited to, name, physical address, email address, age, and telephone number, is confidential and will only be shared with ALS United Central & Southern Ohio affiliate entities with written permission from a patient or their designee. Under no circumstances, will ALS United Central & Southern Ohio provide or sell any of this information to outside entities, except where required by law and then only after providing notice to the patient and/or designee/caretaker. ALS United Central & Southern Ohio will, upon request of a patient or their designee/caretaker, serve as an intermediary between patients and outside entities where deemed appropriate. If you wish to access your health data, correct any inaccuracies within these data, restrict the use of your health data, or request to have your stored health data deleted, please email us at: ALSohio@ALSohio.org, or mail your request to: ALS United Central & Southern Ohio, 1170 Old Henderson Road Suite 221, Columbus, Ohio, 43220.
ALS United Central & Southern Ohio may provide to government agencies and outside entities aggregate data on ALS including incidence, prevalence, and number of patients served by the organization.
Data Security Statement
The security of your personal information is very important to us and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. ALSohio.org uses firewalls and has security measures in place at its physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you on our website. This includes the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for processing contributions securely. SSL is the proven standard for secure web messaging transactions.
Privacy options and access.
Contact Preferences and Restrictions. We respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you and/or share your Personal Information, including for fundraising purposes. You may opt out of receiving certain email communications. However, we will continue to send transaction-related emails regarding our relationship and the services you have requested.
In addition, we offer the following options:
- Do not contact me by postal mail.
- Do not contact me by telephone.
- Do not contact me by SMS (text) message.
- Do not contact me by email.
To inform us of any desired restrictions, please email us at ALSohio@ALSohio.org, or mail your request to: ALS United Central & Southern Ohio, 1170 Old Henderson Road Suite 221, Columbus, Ohio, 43220.
Registrations and Subscriptions. If you register for an ALS United Central & Southern Ohio event or sign up for a newsletter or similar subscription, you will receive communications related to that service, regardless of your prior preferences or restrictions. If you no longer wish to receive event emails or other email subscriptions, email us at: ALSohio@ALSohio.org, or mail your request to: ALS United Central & Southern Ohio, 1170 Old Henderson Road Suite 221, Columbus, Ohio, 43220.
Mobile Applications (Apps). You can stop the collection of information by Apps by uninstalling the Apps. You may use the standard uninstall processes available as part of your mobile device or network. To discontinue the collection of geolocation data within Apps, you can modify your privacy settings on your mobile device.
Personal Information Changes. If you wish to update or change your Personal Information that we have on file, you can send your request through one of the contact options on our Contact Us page. After submitting a request, ALS United Central & Southern Ohio will utilize identity verification methods in order to change or delete account information and/or data.